The Midtown Association is excited to share some amazing ways the community can celebrate the season and ‘Think Big, Shop Small’ in the bustling and thriving district, particularly on Small Business Saturday (November 27), during 12 Days of Midtown (December 1 through 12) and as part of wonderful and whimsical wintertime activations at its two year-round farmers’ markets – Wednesdays at Winn and the Midtown Farmers Market.
Small Business Saturday – November 27
Part of the year-round #ShopSmall concept, Small Business Saturday is highlighted as a national day to celebrate the ongoing effort to support local communities and is estimated to attract 67 million shoppers nationally. Home to approximately 900 small and locally owned businesses, it is estimated that for every $100 spent at a local business, 68 percent returns to the community vs. 43 percent that stays if customers shop at a big box store.
To get started, shoppers are encouraged to stop by the Midtown Farmers Market – which is an official Small Business Saturday “Welcome Station” – on Saturday, November 27. At the Information Booth (located at Center Square at 20th & K Streets), shoppers can pick up complimentary #ShopSmall by American Express tote bags (while supplies last, the first 100 of which include 15 percent off postcards from Drip Espresso), a list of Small Businesses in Midtown, and enjoy visits and/or photo opportunities with Matty the Giant Elf from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Plus, a variety of businesses throughout Midtown are offering discounts, incentives and specials on this day, a sampling of which includes the following:
- Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates (1801 L Street) – The treasured chocolatier is offering a complimentary tote bag with every $100 purchase;
- Little Relics (1111 24th Street) – The art gallery known for its custom jewelry is offering special holiday-themed giveaways and great gift ideas for under $40;
- Refill Madness (1828 29th Street)– Recycle-conscious shoppers will love 25 percent off various earth-friendly products (laundry booster/liquids, bath bombs, mouthwash) plus various gift-with-purchase opportunities;
- RKS Salon (2212 K Street) – The salon is hosting the Big Little Marketplace and providing goodie bags (with samples) for any purchase of $45 or more;
- Splash Hound USA (1908 P Street) – Free dog washes are available for shelter dogs adopted within the last 30 days;
- Wild Poppy & Co. (1008 24th Street) – Boutique shoppers will receive 15 percent off storewide plus the first 20 customers will receive a swag bag and all adult shoppers will enjoy complimentary mimosas.
12 Days of Midtown – December 1-12
Throughout the first 12 days of December, Midtown guests can experience something extra special each day, a sampling of which includes the following:
- Wednesday, 12/1 – The community is invited to watch a free showing of “Elf,” a family-friendly Christmas comedy that starts at sunset (about 5:30 p.m.) while enjoying complimentary hot cocoa (while supplies last), and visits/photo opportunities with Matty the Giant Elf, all happening at Winn Park as a part of the Wednesdays at Winn midweek market (1616 28th Street);
- Thursday, 12/2 – For a spirited evening, interested adults are encouraged to play holiday-themed Drag Queen Bingo with the Sacramento Rainbow Chamber at Mango’s (1930 K Street);
- Friday, 12/3 – TRUE, A WEAVEWorks Boutique, offers a socially conscious shopping experience where shoppers can find pieces that celebrate style and individualism to benefit programs and services that empower survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and sex trafficking (1900 K Street);
- Saturday, 12/4 – For an evening of entertaining artistry, families, friends, and individuals can enjoy a holiday-themed Paint Nite at Streets Pub & Grub (1804 J Street);
- Sunday, 12/5 – Known for fun holiday festivities, Red Rabbit Kitchen & Bar is offering their annual Miracle Holiday Bar Pop-Up (2718 J Street);
- Monday, 12/6 – For brew lovers and a break during a day of holiday shopping, Beach Hut Deli – Elf on the Shelf ($4 elf’s choice beer) is a great holiday stop (2406 J Street);
- Tuesday, 12/7 (and all through the month) – Jungle Bird is hosting their always-popular Sippin’ Santa Pop Up Bar (2516 J Street);
- 周三,12/8 Hungry for some nurturing meals prepared with intention and care, VEG Café and Thai Basil are both offering Family Holiday Dinner sets (2431 J Street);
- Thursday, 12/9 – To refuel in a wonderfully wholesome way, hungry holiday shoppers are encouraged to stop by Burger Patch (2301 K Street) to enjoy a delicious wintry shake;
- Friday, 12/10 – It’s theater for grown-ups…make plans to experience “A Child’s Christmas in Reno” at B Street Theatre (2700 Capitol Avenue);
- Saturday, 12/11 – For holiday goodies and hot cocoa, entertaining live music, a fresh falling of “snow,” the Midtown Farmer’s Market’s Winter Wonderland is a not-to-be-missed holiday destination (located at the Center Square at 20th & K Streets);
- Sunday, 12/12 – Coffee lovers will enjoy a special offer that includes a free Temple holiday mug with purchase of two 12oz bags of coffee (plus plenty of warm and wonderful holiday beverages).
Midtown Shopping/Dining Drawing
Now through December 12, shoppers and diners can enter a drawing for a chance to win $100 gift cards to Midtown small businesses. To enter, customers simply send a photo scan of a receipt ($5 minimum with date of purchase showing) from a Midtown shop or restaurant and email to [email protected]. For an extra entry, customers are encouraged to post a photo of what was purchased on 皇冠hg客户端安卓 then tag the business and @exploremidtown. There is no limit to the number of entries customers can submit if the purchases are separate transactions; the more customers dine/shop in Midtown, the more chances to win. Photos of receipts must be received by December 12 and two winners will be randomly drawn on December 15 and alerted immediately afterward.
To add to the festive spirit, nearly 75 creative and colorful “Shop Small” and “12 Days of Midtown” will be on display along J Street in Midtown and throughout the Sutter District through December.
On Small Business Saturday (November 27), SacRT is offering free rides. On this very special day, rides on bus and light rail are complimentary all day with a free ride flyer; those interested simply need to print or screenshot the free ride flyer that is available here.
Plus, helping to make shopping in the central city even more fun and convenient than ever, the City of Sacramento offers free metered parking, from Thanksgiving Day through Christmas Day in specific meter parking zones Free meter hours will continue to be 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends; more detailed information is available here.
For a complete (and regularly updated) list of businesses offering Small Business Saturday specials, a comprehensive listing of 12 Days of Midtown plus complete rules for the Midtown Shopping/Dining Drawing, please visit www.exploremidtown.org/shopsmall.